Tuesday 31 August 2010

My Voyage Of Self-Discovery

Earlier this evening:


I think that I may have found my new place of inspiration. It's so quiet and calm and peaceful...I feel as though I am at one with nature here...the quiet seems alive, somehow. I don't want these to be empty words, copied from someone else...I'm not having some kind of out-of-body, holy experience or anything! This place (Stockholm as a whole) reminds me a lot of Hong Kong - perhaps it is because they are both so foreign to me - but with one difference; Stockholm feels like home.


I feel as if I could walk on and on and on forever here, along between the trees, by the water. But then you get a glimpse of the city, of reality; real life. It should spoil it but it's so Swedishly beautiful and so far away that it doesn't.


I feel as though I need to remain silent and hidden as others pass by. Keep my presence a secret. As though knowing that other people know of me here will spoil everything...the whole serenity of this place. I know they know I'm here - I'm sure of it! - yet somehow I cannot help but feel like this. It's a beautiful, unspoken secret between me and nature, hidden from the rest of the world.


I feel as though this - the sound of nothing but footsteps and nature and the water lapping against the rocks - this is the true sound of silence.




Serenity


I feel as if I have walked today
A truly secret path
Through the forest.


I know it
To be untrue,
I do.
Yet still I walk
My secret pathway.




My voyage of self-discovery. I don't mean to be pretentious; it's just how my mind is thinking of it...the way it has decided to refer to it...in my head.


Even the sound of myself seems intrusive...rude, somehow.


And now...back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment